Looking for a NOC Technician
Looking for a new opportunity? Does your expertise match the job description? If they do, please apply. We would love to get to know you.
Salary Range: $25-$30/h
What you will be doing as NOC Technician
- Responsible for monitoring either SONET DWDM or IP-MPLS network and environmental alarms from a centralized Network Operations Center NOC ensuring high availability and attainment of service levels.
- Detects and analyzes alarms to provide basic to moderate fault isolation and remote troubleshooting escalating if necessary.
- Provides Tier 2 support and services to the SCN NOC. Interface with SCN field personnel and work with internal resources to ensure companys network and circuits uptime is according to service level agreements.
- Be a technical lead on network management systems and performance monitoring tools as it relates to company’s remote connectivity network and escalate issues as needed.
- Provide technical lead on network management systems and performance monitoring tools i.e. Solar Winds Cacti.
- Maintaining network configuration data and backups for all Remote connectivity implementations and equipment.
- Perform CISCO router IOS upgrades as required.
- Provide technical support via telephone or e-mail to field personals and vendors.
- Resolve technical problems through personal knowledge research or teamwork.
- Responsible for opening updating and closing customer and event specific trouble tickets monitoring FNNOC e- mail distribution and creating FCC outage notifications.
- Executes maintenance method and procedures MOPs associated with approved change management requestCMR activities.
What you will bring to the table as a NOC Technician
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering or related degree or equivalent experience and/or technical training in electronics
- Three 3 to five 5 year of related work experience
- TCP/IP and Networking troubleshooting
- Knowledge of wireless telecommunications network management systems
- Knowledge of Solar Winds a plus
- CCNA certification preferred
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix and Networking skills
- Knowledge of wireless communications a plus
- ITIL knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of transport and transmission systems relevant to SONET OCx and asynchronous signals or Ethernet and IP Services.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.