Immediate need for a Wireless Mobility Engineer II – PCRF in the Jackson, MS Area!
What you will be doing as a Wireless Mobility Engineer:
- Develop, implement, and maintain PCRF and OCS policies to support our LTE, 5G and VoLTE networks.
- Use vendor-supplied tools to monitor, manage and improve our LTE, 5G and VoLTE networks.
- Support all aspects of the environment (systems applications, OS,). Provides system administration, operational support, problem resolution, and perform hardware and software installations and upgrades as required.
- Provide systems applications and system health and performance monitoring including responding to production issues.
- Document standards, operating and technical procedures for the system(s) and acts as a technical resource to Customer Care and Network Operation teams to diagnose, remediate and correlate system problems. Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation and off-peak maintenance activities.
What you bring to the table as a Wireless Mobility Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years in a production supported Linux environment, RedHat/CentOS preferred. Layer 2/3 networking proficiency.
- Must have Sandvine knowledge
- Strong experience in scripting: shell, python, awk or equivalent from an automation and monitoring standpoint.
- Must have the ability to identify and create
- tools to support everyday tasks and perform troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of some of the following technologies: Diameter Messaging (Gx/Gy/Sy/Rx) protocols, RADIUS, LDAP, Netscout, Puppet, load balancing, high availability services.
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.