Immediate direct hire opportunity for Tower Technician Level III that will lead and assist in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications towers and support structures and related telecommunications equipment. Leads by example to facilitate timely job completion. Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING AS A TOWER TECH:
- Climbs and works on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment. Does not require close supervision
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment
- Completes required daily Job Safety Analysis’ (JSA’s)
- Knows the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load
- Analyzes situations accurately and adopts an appropriate course of action
- Communicates orally and in writing
- Follows instructions accurately and complete assigned course of action
- Recognizes safety hazards and performs duties in a safe manner
- Maintains clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s) (OSHA)
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TABLE AS A TOWER TECH:
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of industry experience
- Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
- Ability to lift over 70 pounds
- Good computer skills. General knowledge and use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation to and from work
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment
- ComTrain, OSHA10, RF Awareness Training, First AID/CPR trained
- Must have experience with Anritsu Site Master, Andrew, PPC, tower mapping and antenna equipment
- Must have experience stacking self-support towers, installing waveguide, antennas and microwave dishes
- RF Awareness, replacement and maintenance i.e. coax, jumpers, TMA’s, connectors and weatherproofing
WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT NEXTGEN:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.