Excellent opportunity to work for a large Telecom Service Provider and become part of a strategic initiative to create and deploy a fully WiFi managed solution.
Looking for a business development and engineering resource that helps develop the correct solution set, design and Bill of Materials for the customer.
What you will be doing as a Solution Engineer – WiFi deployment:
- Lead the preparation of a complete estimate or proposal while focusing on developing a winning strategy to secure the project.
- Coordinate or conduct WiFi site surveys and analyze client requests and requirements
- Perform analysis of how many Access Points and cabling is needed
- Coordinate and prepare all estimate/proposal packages, bill of materials (BOM) for a range of managed services projects in response to RFPs, bid requests and sales team quote requests
- Develop and validate pricing (equipment, materials and labor) with approval from leadership
- Analyze specifications and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates
- Consult with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel when reviewing project documents
What you will bring to the table as a Solution Engineer – WiFi deployment:
- BS/BA in related discipline. 2+ years of related experience is required.
- Preferred Degrees: Finance/Accounting, Industrial Engineering or Construction Project Management.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is a must.
- Experience with Cisco or Ruckus WiFi / wireless network equipment and access points is preferred.
- Experience in completing bill of materials and quote packages and understanding of contractual requirements is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of project estimating and client development.
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures for construction and internet/video electronics is helpful.
- Strong Facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues
- Experience working in an external, customer facing capacity
- Basic familiarity with site plans and construction drawings, able to read CAD files is a plus.
- Cisco Professional Certification or equivalent is desired, not required.
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen Global Resources, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. That means when it comes to age, race, ethnicity, disabilities, protected veterans, gender identity, sexual orientation, and experience we value the differences and are committed to employing a diverse workforce.