Looking for Senior SW Tester – Custom Solutions in Ottawa, ON.
What you will be doing as a Senior SW Tester – Custom Solutions:
- Understanding and evaluating the overall solution (hardware, software, systems, networks) and individual features from multiple support perspectives: performance, functional, robustness, traffic throughput, quality of service and interoperability
- Designing and constructing network diagnostic tools and techniques; provisioning and configuring networks to simulate live customer environments for issue reproduction and root cause analysis, including the addition of new or upgraded elements into the solution environment
- Designing and implementing manual and/or automated tests to validate fixes and solutions to service-affecting issues in the monitoring, provisioning, and reporting protocols used in customer networks
- Planning, executing, tracking of all test and QA activities for projects in an iterative delivery process, using judgment to strategically balance quality, schedule, and cost, chairing Problem Review Boards as an advocate for the customer
- Responding to all customer issues and queries during acceptance testing in a timely and effective manner, isolating problems to minimize service impacts with creative workarounds and fast turnaround on escalations, proactive planning and execution of customer software and network upgrades.
What you bring to the table as a Senior SW Tester – Custom Solutions:
- Four-year degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years Software Verification experience, preferably with Java-based OSS applications
- Knowledge of IP Networking and related protocols: OSPF, BGP, DHCP, RADIUS AAA, MPLS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc.
- Experience with Nokia products (7×50 Service Routers, 7705, 7210, 5620 SAM, 5670 RAM)
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking & Network Function Virtualization concepts
- Knowledge of network management and OSS/BSS concepts and basic protocols
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, investigating/reproducing issues, raising tickets and driving issues to timely resolution in a scrum environment working with peer testers and developers in different sites
- Ability to produce comprehensive high-quality test strategies, test plans and test cases with accurately triaged and prioritized defect reports, with applied creativity and insight
- Make it happen attitude, strong sense of ownership, inventive, resourceful, and flexible in a fast-paced, challenging and evolving environment.
- Experience in customer-facing roles; ability to work independently on issues directly with the customer
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Familiar with server side (Java, Spring, MySQL, Tomcat, NGINX), and client-side (HTML, CSS) technologies
- Familiar with project infrastructure tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, Maven
- Familiarity with the web technology stack (e.g. HTTP protocol, status codes, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching), and well-versed in Unix/Linux
- Experience with using automated test tools and building automated diagnostic scripts
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.