Looking for Senior Software Designer – Custom Solutions in Ottawa, ON.
What you will be doing as a Senior Software Designer – Custom Solutions:
- Drive functional and technical design, requirements analysis, product configuration as required for the project.
- Contribute to the on-going evolution of the existing customer specific software solutions by designing, implementing, and testing software components anywhere in the software stack
- Build software applications using Nokias OSS platform framework.
- Work in close partnership with other designers, testers, system architect and project manager
- Interacting with support team to determine root cause for software issues found in the field and develop practical, efficient solutions.
- Conduct unit and regression testing
- Write and maintain documentation for internal purposes as well as for the customer
What you bring to the table as a Senior Software Designer – Custom Solutions:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience in web design and software development including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations
- Hands-on experience in software development and processes with strong analytical and debugging skills for web applications, identifying front-end versus back-end issues
- General understanding of networking technologies and protocols (e.g. IP/MPLS/Ethernet, routing, VPN/VPRN, network OAM)
- Deep knowledge of design patterns, methodologies, best practices and commonly used modules based on extensive work experience
- Integration with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Working with relational databases, JDBC, SQL and JPA with Hibernate
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Expertise with unit test frameworks, automation test suites/tools/pipelines
- Have the desire and ability to learn in a fast paced, challenging environment, resourceful and flexible
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Experience working in a Professional Services team
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g., HTTP protocol, status codes, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- Experience with commercial and open-source servers like Apache web server, Apache Tomcat.
- Experience supporting live deployments on customer networks
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.