Excellent Full time opportunity for a 5G Radio Software Architect to be part of a new R&D group.
What you will be doing as a mMIMO Radio Software Architect:
- Technical owner of the mMIMO Radio SW design and Architecture.
- Architecting the embedded SW stack for the mMIMO radio, including RF run time features, connectivity to ORAN 7-2 interface, middleware and interface to O&M SW.
- Driving the FPGA and SoC drivers API definition for RFSW
- Participates to the timing analysis and specification of the mMIMO radio SW interfaces.
- Owner of the mMIMO RFSW technical feasibility analysis and document covering HW, SW and SoC and system features compatibility
- Participates into system feature specifications creation from the radio development team
- Key contributor to the mMIMO Radio Software architecture specification
- Performs technical evaluations of major system enhancements and major new customer requirements
- Create detailed system level functional requirements and specifications
- Monitor standards body activities to and participate (if necessary) to influence the industry with innovative vision of the company
- Identify opportunities for innovation and market disruption.
- Provide active support and guidance for program management
- Provide support for PLM and pre-sales in RFI/RFQ cases
- Provide system level technical support in customer meetings
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to drive the timely and quality release of new products and features
What you will bring to the table as a mMIMO Radio Software Architect:
- Proven track record from 5G or 4G radio SW architect role
- Possess sound understanding of essential elements of Systems engineering including how to convey requirements to development and QA teams
- In-depth knowledge on mobile networks, especially on 3GPP and FCC LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN and the interface between radio network and core network. Additional knowledge on the core network standards is a plus.
- Deep understanding of ORAN 7-2 split and related architecture design into both Radio and baseband directions
- Good overall mMIMO and 5G system knowledge, including M/U/S/F planes architecture
- Deep understanding of SW architectures of 5G radios, both radio SW and L1 SW (low/high phy)
- Solid knowledge on C/C++
- In-depth knowledge of Radio SoC (both beam handler and DFE)
- Deep knowledge on RF and digital signal processing and algorithms
- Familiar with beamforming and related algorithms
- Good knowledge on DPD and related algorithms
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers.
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts.
- MS Degree in EE or CS.
- At least 10+ years' experience in telecommunication industry in design and systems engineering roles
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed