Looking for Senior Optical Resident Engineer in Atlanta, GA.
What you bring to the table as a Senior Optical Resident Engineer:
- Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer's services.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and support networks in various stages of deployment.
- Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
- Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer's technical and management teams.
- Occasional maintenance hour work expected in the role to support critical network events.
What you will be doing as a Senior Optical Resident Engineer:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years relevant work experience with a telecom communications equipment vendor or service provider in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting LH/Metro Optical DWDM networks
- 7+ years’ experience in using optical design tools to generate design packages, managing optical power budgets and in-depth knowledge of different types of amplifiers.
- 7+ years’ experience in using optical network management systems.
- practical implementation of GMPLS and CDC technologies in DWDM network.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills to end-clients.
- Nokia product knowledge preferred (1830PSS, 1350 OMS, EPT and CPB tools).
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.