Looking for Principal Wireless Engineer II in Denver, CO.
What you will be doing as a Principal Wireless Engineer II:
- Defining architecture and solutions for Wi-Fi features and equipment addressing customer-centric wireless use cases
- Research and development of wireless technologies and solutions for use in customer premise Wi-Fi equipment deployed in carrier networks
- Defining requirements for Wi-Fi hardware and features and developing tests plans and test cases to validate proposed requirements.
- Employing data science techniques and analyzing large datasets to assist in proactive network management of larger wireless networks
- Developing data models and software tools to organize and analyze large collections of wireless metrics. Developing software and tools for interacting with cloud services, databases, and large datasets
- Expert at data analysis, and potentially machine learning in the context of wireless networks.
- Collaborating with product owners, vendors, and management to determine and manage functional and on-functional software requirements for Wireless technology Initiative efforts.
- Be an expert at Wireless and Networking protocols including WiFi-5, WiFi-6, scheduling, QoS, airtime fairness, band-steering, and Passpoint.
- Deep knowledge of Wireless/WiFi alliance protocols and history of productizing newer standards including WiFi-6.
- Knowledge of Radio Resource Management and self-organizing networks.
- Expertise in router gateway functionality with IPv4/IPv6, Network topologies, RRM/SON, 802.3/802.11 functionalities.
- Develops a long-term technology evolution roadmap (3-5 years) articulating the strategic decision points, technology evolution plan and recommendations about technology and network infrastructure investments.
- Contributes and represents Charter in relevant industry and standards forums such as: The Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA), CableLabs, IEEE, WiFi Alliance (WFA), CableWiFi MSO Alliance, Small Cell Forum, etc.
What you bring to the table as a Principal Wireless Engineer II:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related field
M.S. in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related field
10+ years of practical field experience as a wireless architect and engineer
- Deep knowledge in wireless access technologies including WiFi and familiarity with other Cellular technologies and a clear track record of delivering wireless architecture for wireless gateways/devices.
- Deep technical knowledge of router designs, networking protocols and gateway funcationalities
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of wireless access technologies including WiFi, 4G-LTE and IoT as well as competency with key networking elements such as routing, switching, and security.
- Ability to lead complex projects working with a matrix team of engineers at junior and senior levels across the different Engineering Organizations.
- Strong technology and software expertise, proven leadership skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, superb technical skills, and a strong customer-service orientation.
- Familiarity with RF communication.
- Experience using data science and visualization tools (e.g. Python, Pandas, scikit learn, pytorch).
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to manage and deliver against several initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and electronically.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.