NextGen Global Resources is a leading provider in supplying staffing solutions for some of the largest names in the wireless revolution. NextGen is growing rapidly and looking for an exceptional, self-driven Payroll Specialist to join our Downtown Chicago Office. This role will work under our Operations “umbrella” and help manage the payroll and accounts receivable/payables (AP/AR) for the organization.
- NextGen Global Resources is a leading Telecommunications, Networking and Wireless Staffing company placing top talent in both contract and direct hire positions with Fortune 1000 companies.
- NextGen was founded in 2009 and has offices in San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia and Nashville.
- In 2018, NextGen Global Resources grew by over 60%!
- 3+ years Payroll Specialist experience in AP/AR (accounts payable/accounts receivable)
- Staffing agency experience preferred, but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Collect timecards, expense reports, approvals for contracted employees – 2 payrolls/month currently but in a transition to weekly pay
- Ensure accuracy based on client-specific needs
- Transfer hours from online timekeeping systems onto master payroll spreadsheet.
- Process internal/contractor expenses
- Complete & maintain accurate entries for miscellaneous items in payroll notes (late submittals, allowances, bonuses, stipends, advances).
- Keep excellent records of Corp to Corp vendor invoices & related files
- Maintain accurate mailing lists; send payroll reminders
- Work closely with recruiting and sales team for any timecard questions
- Work closely with our third-party vendor for payment/invoicing
- Accounts Payable (AP)
- Collect and organize all invoices received.
- Process vendor invoices weekly.
- Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Reconcile aged accounts (recover missing or unapproved detail, work closely with team and clients to resolve unpaid invoices).
- Work closely with Accounting team to ensure hours are paid correctly
- Submit billable travel items for payment
- Other Projects & Tasks
- Serve as back-up to other Accounting needs, short-term and long-term projects, and providing additional support to the team
Skills That Will Help You Succeed:
- Startup mentality – changes are made frequently and being able to adjust and overcome any challenges
- Over-the-Top organizational skills and attention to detail are a must. We aren’t just saying that – you will really need to have an organizational strategy to do well in this position.
- Strong, and at times – firm, communication skills are a must. Speaking with consultants, internal employees, and clients requires certain finesse, especially when dealing with challenges involving payments, billing, etc.
- Being part of a great team is what makes us all get up in the morning – can you roll with the punches and keep a clear head and a smile on your face? That’s what we look for – anyone with history of collaborating and contributing to team success is key – we cannot do it alone.
- Flexibility – this is not your typical 9-5 gig. At times, especially during payroll, there will be late or “off hours” needed to complete the job. We pride ourselves on being a flexible employer, and we expect that the candidate for this role understands that, on occasion, additional effort will be required.
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental and vision benefits – 100% of employee premiums covered by NextGen!
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation/Paid Time Off + Sick Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company cell phone & laptop
- Employee Discount Programs