Immediate need for an OSP Field Tech to support a major Telecom project in the NV Market. Apply now for consideration!
What you will be doing as an OSP Field Tech II:
- Perform inspection and verification of outside plant fiber networks- including construction elements such as conduit, fiber, splice case locations, cabinets, and pole analysis
- Majority of work in the field but may perform in Central Office environments- when able, will also assist designers and engineers with permitting, design, and AutoCAD work
- Visit customer sites to evaluate project requirements- daily engagement with external teams via emails, phone, and occasional on-site meetings with stakeholders to explain construction procedure and cable routing
- Conduct site or utility pole surveys, and provide field investigation of aerial and underground construction projects utilizing tools such as IKE +, GPS, laser rangefinders, and measuring wheels
- Use AutoCAD and Google Earth to prepare project documentation and maps
- Research and acquisition of permits and right-of-way documentation- work with local municipalities for permitting and attend meetings in-person as required
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, Foreman, co-workers, and customers- commit to quality of work and safety in compliance with OSHA to ensure company policies and achieve client goals
- Perform field verifications of existing plant in order to provide accurate pick up points for new development and commercial plant extensions
What you will bring to the table as an OSP Field Tech II:
- 2+ years of telecom experience- Utility Construction, OSP, and/or Fiber to the Home (FTTH) experience preferred
- Ability to work in an office setting, field location, and at remote client sites- ability to solve problems and deal with a diversity of variables
- Working knowledge of GPS principles and use of GPS hardware/software- gather field data by accurately using laser rangefinders, telescoping measuring sticks, measuring wheels and tapes and various surveying equipment
- Experience using IKE+, AutoCAD, and Google Earth is preferred- strong computer skills and proficiency with MS Office to correspond and create reports
- Ability to read and interpret construction maps to build fiber network, and interpret documents such as technical specifications, engineering specs, and construction drawings
- Ability to sketch site layout and surrounding areas, read and take measurements- comfortable with hand tools, power tools, test equipment and ladders
- Flexibility to work various shifts and ability to travel nationwide- must have valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.