Looking for OSP Engineer in Cleveland, OH.
What you will be doing as a OSP Engineer:
- Responsible for managing all engineering and construction activities associated with expanding and maintaining the OSP network infrastructure. Familiar with engineering and operational requirements of maintenance and fiber relocation efforts.
- Leads large scale projects, driving productivity through use of vendor resources to meet deliverables.
- Engages appropriate internal and external organizations with professional written/verbal communications to accomplish required tasks.
- Coordinates project activities with contractors, developers, municipalities and consultants.
- Proposes solutions supported by sound engineering and operational productivity to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Recognizes vulnerabilities in network infrastructure and makes intelligent decisions to ensure reliability – within financial constraints.
- Prepares detailed cost analysis, project specifications, spend forecasts, route mapping, requisitions, and business justifications.
- Processes reports, vendor invoices, material receipts, and other administrative duties.
- Receives general instruction, otherwise performs independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives and approaches to critical/complex assignments.
- Multi-tasks to effectively manage a wide range of simultaneous activities often interrupted by other demands.
- Responds immediately to network outages, coordinating necessary resources and activities for prompt and appropriate restoral.
- Current areas of responsibility include Sacramento and surrounding areas. Regular work conditions are 40 hours per week with some travel required. Extra hours and occasional weekend work may be required depending on business demands.
What you bring to the table as a OSP Engineer:
- Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills, capable of interacting with customers and co-workers at most levels including executives
- Detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking
- Capable of working independently to achieve deliverables and resolve urgent/complex issues
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of fiber optic engineering principles within OSP job related functional area to include general practices, procedures and industry standards.
- Strong Computer Skills (Databases, Processes, and Administrative) – Comprehensive knowledge and skill for more complex applications to include Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD, Microstation, ArcGIS/ESRI, 3GIS, Google Earth, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of FTTx network design/implementation and well as GPON architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of the network plant and local practices.
- Experience with working application of engineering systems and databases specifically geospatial applications (3GIS, Google Earth, etc).
- Working knowledge of right-of-way, property rights, and permit acquisition.
- Inside Plant knowledge is a plus
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.