Immediate need for an OSP Designer to join a growing team and support a major Telecom project in the TX Market. Apply now for consideration!
What you will be doing as an OSP Designer II:
- Create project designs, estimate costs, identify appropriate materials and equipment, create drawings, and estimate project timelines for the placement of fiber optic cables, poles, conduit, and transmission equipment
- Determine the feasibility and accuracy of proposed project scope- work with senior staff to remedy or communicate alternatives with project management
- Work on multiple telecom/fiber design projects from award through completion- including site acquisition, engineering, permitting, construction, and closeout
- Research system plant maps to determine extension effects- provide suggested cable routings, drop/house/unit count and proposed/actual pedestal locations and other topographical data for most effective plant placement
- Responsible for underground and aerial permitting with state DOTs, cities, counties, railroads, and environmental- proficiency with IKE software is preferred
- Convert field notes, architectural, engineering and/or plan sketches into working construction drawings- revise per customer and internal redlines
- Manage timelines and deliverables with assistance from the Project Manager- ensure accurate project status tracking to facilitate reporting
- Perform site visits as needed to document field conditions for new sites and modifications
What you will bring to the table as an OSP Designer II:
- 3+ years of telecom design experience and fiber construction/maintenance
- Must have ARAMIS experience- proficiency with AutoCAD 2015 or higher and ArcGIS
- Understanding of OSP Construction- ability to sketch site layout and surrounding areas, read and take measurements
- Demonstrated skills with access networks on various fiber architectures- experience with fiber to the home (FTTH) preferred
- Knowledge of conduit, manhole, hand hole, underground, submarine, buried and aerial construction methods
- Proficiency with AutoCAD work functions including paper space/model space, scaled viewports, blocks, text fields, dynamic blocks, libraries, and templates
- Proficiency using AT&T’s systems such as PACE, PED ASE, PED ADE Dynamite, Geolink/GPM, OBC, CSV, MIC, LMC, WCMT, Insight, FRVT, Transport Conversion SharePoint, TFW, ALM, Opti, OSP-FM, CFAS, IMAGINE, JAM, JPMTS, LFACS, MIC, NJUNS, Q MESSENGER, and ARES is preferred
- High school diploma- Associates Degree in architecture or engineering desired
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.