Immediate need for a NSP Engineer!
What you will be doing as a NSP Engineer:
- Provide NMS Solution Architecture leadership for ION led projects
- Provide NSP consultation workshops to Customers to enhance their experience of the product by leveraging the powerful features of leading-edge Carrier SDN platform
- Provide guidance on NSP Application configuration and utilization based on project requirements and best practices
- Provide guidance on NSP Integration with third party OSS and other Network Management Systems
- Provide northbound API expertise and consultation
- Work closely with the global team and with Product Line Management to enhance delivery, best practices and the overall customer experience as well as for a confirmation of technical feasibility, and proposal/negotiation of alternative
- Travel is a requirement for this position as attending face to face meetings with customers will be required.
What you bring to the table as a NSP Engineer:
- Degree in Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering, in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in consulting and providing professional services directly to external Customers
- Experienced in designing, deploying distributed/highly-available applications and systems
- Advanced knowledge of Network Management Systems concepts and protocols such as FCAPS, PCEP, NETCONF YANG, OpenFlow, SNMP, HTTP SOAP, JMS, REST
- Experience using Linux/Unix operating systems, databases technologies (Oracle, MySQL, PostGRE etc)
- Knowledge of Optical Transport Networking: WDM, OTN, gMPLS, Add-Drop Multiplexing
- Knowledge of Software Defined Networking, SD-WAN, SDN Automation
- Experience with Service Assurance, OAM Testing & Reporting
- Knowledge of Big Data/Analytics concepts is an asset
- Knowledge of Virtualized Network Functions and Cloud Computing concepts and platforms such as OpenStack, VMWare, and hypervisor technology (KVM, ESXi)
- Multi-vendor OSS integration experience
- “Make it happen” attitude, inventive, resourceful and flexible in a fast-paced, challenging and ever changing environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must be very comfortable: working collaboratively on teams, delivering results quickly on short notice, and working on a wide range of problems
Advanced practical (hands-on) knowledge of:
- NSP and Nokia's NM systems
- Nokia and former Alcatel-Lucent IP Network equipment
- Routing and Switching including IP/MPLS Network Management and protocols: IPv4 and IPv6, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, MPLS – RSVP-TE, LDP, etc., L2/L3 VPN, QoS, Security
- Cloud environments for Mobile Network VNFs
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills for NSP, NFM-P, NRC-X, Analytics
- Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills for Cloud environments (i.e. OpenStack
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.