Immediate need for a Network Engineer-WAN/xHaul/Transport in the Littleton, CO Area!
What you will be doing as a Network Engineer-WAN/xHaul/Transport:
- Lead complex electrical engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with design teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and R&D.
- Conduct analyses and audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Prepare electrical specifications and design criteria for retrofits and provide input on future Transport design reviews.
- Develop comprehensive project plans and inform frequently on progress, risks, and schedule.
- Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Travel to Transport sites to lead or support engineering studies, electrical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning.
- Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Evaluate Transport commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted Transports.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability.
- Review and update Transport electrical "as-built" documentation as re-configurations occur.
- Participate in vendor, supplier, and contractor management at each site.
- Review electrical mission critical system changes with local Transport operations teams.
- Provide and analyze energy efficient solutions to minimize power losses.
- Develop innovative and efficient improvement through lessons learned and Design Change Management.
- Serve as a technical/consultative resource concerning operations of Transport facilities and equipment, specifically for sites in the construction phase.
- Coordinate manufactured equipment testing participation and personally support when needed.
- Coordinate with the site teams to establish all required service contracts prior to handover.
- Develop and approve processes, procedures, and reporting metrics that help drive successful turnover of new Transports.
What you bring to the table as a Network Engineer-WAN/xHaul/Transport:
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 10 plus years of experience in one of these disciplines.
- Eight plus years’ experience with construction and/or operations of mission critical facilities.
- Strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G network.
- Experience with standard Transport equipment to include electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Knowledge of mission critical power distribution and generator power systems.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards.
- Cross-discipline knowledge of critical facility systems.
- Troubleshooting and analytical experience.
- Knowledge of short circuit coordination and arc flash studies.
- Experience in load management at the operations level within a critical facility.
- Communication, presentation, project management, and reporting experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Electrical Professional Engineer (PE) registration (Candidates on track to complete this will be considered as well)
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.