Immediate need for a Network Engineer – Network Security in the Littleton, CO Area!
What you will be doing as a Network Engineer – Network Security:
- Design and engineering of effective and scalable network systems and solutions
- Participate in evaluation, testing, selection, and deployment of foundational network elements for a nationwide greenfield network buildout
- Ensure that solutions adhere to defined standards and best practices and/or assist in the development of these standards and best practices.
- Effectively communicate engineering solutions through detailed high and low level diagrams
- NOTE: Candidates must provide example documentation of their engineering work including high and low-level network engineering diagrams.
- Routinely research, analyze, test, retest, and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure, with strict deadlines, both as an individual contributor and team player.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing while staying abreast of new technology/technical areas.
- Provide advanced technical leadership for complex project work, including functional subsystem upgrades for mission-critical network devices and services as well as strategic upgrades to the network
- Design, plan, and implement network security systems at nationwide scale.
- Supply advanced technical direction and leadership to the organization through the planning and implementation processes
- Establish requirements, provide analysis of network security risks and requirements, network design, network partitioning or segmentation, and network architecture definition
- Provide advanced expertise in the development of network test, validation, and integration plans on projects, and assurance of network integrity
- Work independently with vendors to understand, test, and drive new innovative features
What you bring to the table as a Network Engineer – Network Security:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering preferred, or ten or more years of professional experience in large enterprise or carrier space
- Professional networking certifications a plus- CCNA/CCNP/CCIE/CISM/CISSP/CEH or equivalent
- Public cloud certifications a plus – Advanced Networking, Cloud Network Engineer, or equivalent
- IP routing across a multi-site, hierarchical architecture
- MPLS and/or Segment Routing (SR-MPLS, SRv6) o eBGP, iBGP, IS-IS, VRFs, and QoS
- Integration with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Architecture, design, and engineering of network security boundaries both internal and external
- Network firewall and IDS/IPS systems evaluation, design, implementation, and support
- Design and Implementation of internal and external VPN connectivity
- Configuration hardening of network and peripheral devices
- Creation of network security policies, processes, auditing, and enforcement
- IPv6 – SLAAC and DHCPv6
- Network Deployment and Operations Automation – Ansible, Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP)
- Network configuration automation (Scripting with Pearl/Python/Bash)
- Server virtualization – VMWare, Openstack
- Solid Understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.