Position requires field data collation for complete site surveys and route validation for the production of pole and conduit permitting packages. The Make-Ready Field Engineer must be capable of maintaining acceptable productivity levels while also capturing pole line and/or conduit routes with a high level of data accuracy using a variety of electronic equipment.
- Perform all aspects of field engineering including utility research, field locates, identification of running line assets, and route feasibility analysis.
- Collaborate with engineers cross-functionally to provide baseline data for the development of an application package.
- Review project deliverables for accuracy and apprise the project team of risks, issues, and recommended mitigations when necessary.
- Work cooperatively with all project team members to troubleshoot data accuracy, schedule, or production issues as they arise.
- Work closely with the Field Engineering Manager to identify scope creep and adapt processes in response to change orders if/when necessary.
- Assist with application package quality control, submission, and as-built completion.
- Must have a solid knowledge of aerial telecommunications outside and inside plant with competency in telecom technologies, networks, and business processes.
- Experience working all aspects of telecom in California with knowledge of NESC, NEC, GO95 and OSHA standards.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with proven problem solving ability and self-motivation.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels: from team members to executive management.
- Experience in implementing quality assurance practices to ensure that a consistent product is delivered.
- Knowledge of engineering tools including AutoCAD, OCalc, EZLoad, iBwave, 3-GIS,or any similar GIS/KMZ platforms.
- Proficient in Adobe, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Google Sheets and Google Drive.