Looking for Lab IP/Nuage Resident Engineer in Dallas, TX.
What you will be doing as a Lab IP/Nuage Resident Engineer:
- Service Provisioning:
- Service level Configuration activities
- Feature level Configuration activities – Global parameters, parameter tuning, growing in new interfaces, etc.
- Software upgrades/patches within the current major release as needed
- Event detection and isolation
- Fault resolution
- Routine diagnostics and corrective action management
- Understanding of the Network Architecture of the customer Ethernet Backhaul and the traffic flow, call flow and routing Architecture of the same.
- Work with larger Nokia and customer team on configurations and interactions for end to end feature requirements.
Training and Knowledge Transfer to Customer engineers:
- Network knowledge on 7750, 7705, SeGW, NSP (formerly 5620 SAM)
- Overviews of Nokia product documentation and accreditation processes
- Provide feature & release integration Method of Procedures and test plans based on feature & release descriptions.
- Participate in customer (internal-external) project meetings and report to senior management about the status of the
projects. Act as principle interface between the customer, the project team, and any internal/external partners participating in the project.
- The resident engineer works closely inside the team of the Resident Engineers with very strong interaction with account team and customer experts. The resident engineer works also closely with R&D for issues investigations.
- Ensure reported problems are recorded and handled with the correct priority within the organization.
What you will bring to the table as a Lab IP/Nuage Resident Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong networking knowledge in IP routing, MPLS, OSPF, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs, IPSec and QoS
- Experience with the Nokia 7750 SR product line and services architecture
- Experience with the Nokia 7705 SAR product line and services architecture
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating systems (REDHAT/CENTOS/FEDORA/DEBIAN)
- Strong understanding of SDN/Virtualization concepts (SD-WAN/Policy Directory/NFV.)
- Hands-on experience with installation of Hypervisors (KVM/Exsi/Hyper-V.)
- Hands-on knowledge of Cloud Management Systems (VMware/Openstack/Container.)
- Experience in configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of IP networks
- Experience in Testing / Lab environment with familiarity with Routing Test tools and Test Equipment
- Must have Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Candidate with Mobile Backhaul architecture design experience preferred.
- Must have demonstration and examples of above qualities in resume.
- Must have hands-on Nokia 77xx and NSP (formerly 5620SAM) product knowledge.
- Nokia SRA certification or equivalent (CCIE) certification may be considered.
- Know-how and experience in mobile radio networks (LTE and UMTS) an asset
- IP networking and network security concepts
- IPSec protocol and flows
- Network management concepts and basic protocols (eg SNMP)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.