Here at NextGen, we are proud of our team which has led us to become a proven industry leader in providing World Class solutions for our customers in the Wireless, Telecom and Connected Technology domains. We accomplish this by connecting the top talent in the business with the opportunities that will provide the challenge and rewards necessary for professional, as well as personal fulfillment, growth, and success.
We are looking for remarkable, talented, hands-on Java Developers to join our growing team to support one of our largest clients for an ongoing project in Philadelphia. In this role, you will collaborate with our client’s world-class technical teams, gaining an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career while supporting one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
What you will be doing as a Java Developer:
- Design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications in support of business requirements; following approved life-cycle methodologies, creating design documents, and performing program coding and testing
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Contribute to the design and development of high-quality, large-scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems
- Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execute implementation activities
- Analyze business requirements and create technical design documents in accordance with client architecture standards
- Ensure application performance levels are achieved
- Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and/or modify programs of high complexity/significance/risk
- Perform, and occasionally lead, design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation activities
What you bring to the table as a Java Developer:
- Highly proficient with Spring Framework, Jenkins, Gradle, and Github
- Proficient for RESTful services, Rabbit MQ, JSON, Unix Scripting, and Hadoop
- Core development in a CI/CD project environment supporting Agile/Scrum/Waterfall framework
- Experienced in SQL such as DB2 & SQL Databases
- Experienced in full-stack web-based and application-based development
- Experienced with Software QA tasks including test, debugging, and documentation
- Proficient with building / maintaining reliable, reusable, scalable code for recycling on current/future applications and iterations
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game-changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the domain of Software Development
NextGeners are Connecters.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work to build strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with laser precision. We are a true partner for you in your career!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers at some of the world’s most recognizable brands. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise and leverage our relationships and the trust we have built with our clients to tailor your resume, improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are all in this together. We provide around-the-clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. We value the idea that each and every member of our team has the capability of creating a valuable relationship and opening the door to foster growth and expansion of our services and believe that every one of us should have a voice and a stake in the overall success of the business. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed