NextGen Global Resources is the leading provider in supplying staffing solutions for some of the largest names in the Telecommunications & Information Technology industries. NextGen Global Resources is hiring an IT Support Specialist to join our downtown San Diego corporate office.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will be expected to provide technical support, advice, and assistance to internal and external employees with technical, hardware, and software system problems. This position will require you to deal directly with end users and you must communicate answers and solutions in a way they can understand.
- NextGen Global Resources is a leading Telecommunications, Networking and Wireless Staffing company placing top talent in both contract and direct hire positions with Fortune 1000 companies.
- NextGen was founded in 2009 and has offices in San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia and Nashville.
- In 2018, NextGen Global Resources revenues grew by over 60%!
- 2+ year in desktop support role
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft 365 Suite (including SharePoint Administration), Windows 7, Windows 10 and Mac OS operating systems
- Basic TCP/IP networking experience and knowledge
- Exceptional at juggling multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, customer focused environment
- A “people person” who is detail oriented and energized by building relationships & demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Configure and deploy laptops to internal employees and external contractors
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, connection, printer and software issues
- Install, support, and maintain software packages including, but not limited to; Office 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype for Business/Teams, OneDrive, etc.), Adobe Acrobat, Bitdefender AV and Google Chrome browser.
- Assist with new and existing user account creation and maintenance
- Provide onsite technical support, as well as, remote technical support using TeamViewer (or equivalent remote support software)
- Maintain and manage detailed inventory of assets
- Assist with creation, and maintenance, of internal documentation for both end users and IT staff (Confluence/SharePoint storage)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental and vision benefits – 100% of employee premiums covered by NextGen!
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation/Paid Time Off + Sick Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company cell phone & laptop
- Employee Discount Programs
- Reward & Recognition Incentives: Exotic Trips, anniversary gifts, happy hours, team building events, dinners, etc.