Looking for Field Engineer in Chicago, IL.
What you will be doing as a Field Engineer:
- Performing installation, commissioning, and integration of RAN systems or other telecom equipment.
- Providing field support for remote integration and maintenance engineers.
- Working in coordination with tower crews on end-to-end system commissioning or integration.
- Performing a variety of acceptance test procedures (ATPs) to validate proper voice, data, and RF operations of systems. Will use a variety of testing and analytics tools, e.g., XCAL, Xynergy, etc.
- Responsible for site surveys or audits to evaluate and report equipment status and requirements for new installations or upgrades.
- Creating End of Day (EOD) reports, Closeout Packages (COPs), or other reports to demonstrate work progress and completion.
- Receive assignments and deploy to cell site locations to install, commission, and integrate required OEM equipment (Ericsson, Nokia/ALU, Samsung, Cisco, etc.)
- Perform New Site Builds (NSB), Upgrades, Carrier Adds and all related tasks: installation, integration, testing, transport configuration, alarm validation and clearing, power setup, grounding, ATPs, functional and E911 call testing.
- Using laptop and specialized SW, perform SW upgrades and load scripts to generate new equipment configurations.
- Responsible for using a variety of workflow management or other reporting tools for daily assignments and reporting, e.g., Remedy, Appian, etc.
What you will bring to table as a Field Engineer:
- High School/GED is required. Associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years wireless field installation and NSB experience required.
- Experience with NOKIA Airscale, FSMF, SRAN highly desired. Samsung (CDU30 a plus), or Ericsson equipment (Baseband 5216 experience preferred, 6630 a plus).
- Operating Telecommunications Test Equipment: Test & Turn-up Experience preferred
- Experience with Remedy, Appian, XCAL, Xynergy and/or RMT tools a plus
- Ability to work daytime as scheduled based on project scope and adhere reliably to schedule. Full day may include more than one site.
- Flexibility to work alternative shifts a plus, as some projects may require maintenance window activities.
- Ability to travel within a region, market or out of market as needed.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather throughout the year.
- Working Vehicle with space to transport equipment
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools
- Must have Smartphone / Laptop / communication cell phone
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.