Data Technician – III:
We are looking for someone experienced in troubleshooting networking issues and telecommunications problems as well as skills in electronics training, switching, networking, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio.
What you will be doing as a Data Technician – III:
- Majority of time will be spent on SNAP and CBAND configurations and work orders on Nokia IXRe routers, ZT servers, FSUs and some work on Nokia 7750's
- Performing optimization and troubleshooting of base station equipment databases, facility systems, and fiber network for new installs and existing networks
- Testing fiber network and integrating network hardware to bring new products on-Air
- Assisting with maintaining system applications using traffic and capacity monitoring tools to track errors and keep the network performing optimally
- Monitoring building automated systems (BAS) to maintain operation of network equipment such as AC/DC power systems and HVAC systems
- Maintaining a secure operating environment to ensure vendor safety and network integrity
- Updating daily logs with site-specific information to track and maintain network changes
- Composing reports for system documentation to maintain environmental compliance and safety standards
What you will bring to the table as a Data Technician – III:
- Associate’s degree or three or more years of work experience installing/troubleshooting telecommunication equipment in a switching facility
- Experience with dark and lit fiber testing using equipment such as OTDR, fiberscope
- Experience troubleshooting PC hardware and configurations
- Power experience such as Galaxy, Lorain or DC distribution systems
- Willingness to work a flexible shift
- Training in data communications, facility systems, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, project management, or power
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.