Looking for RAN Performance Engineer in Anchorage, AK.
What you will be doing as a RAN Performance Engineer:
- RF network performance optimization covering field & KPI optimization using parameter tuning.
- Day to day customer interaction on planning & execution of PoC/trials & deployment of 5G/4G networks.
- To work with customer’s RAN RF/transport/IP/Security/Cloud teams on collection of planning inputs, deployment flavours to prepare the lab/field gNB/eNB configuration files.
- Understanding customer network deployment from RAN perspective & provide the necessary inputs back to engineering teams for solution validation.
- Troubleshooting of RF & software/hardware related issues impacting the performance.
- Work towards KPI acceptance for trial site/markets.
- Analysis and generation of KPI reports from EMS/OSS.
- Build excel macro, scripts or other automated tools/means to minimize the KPI analysis, log analysis & KPI reporting.
- Detailed analysis of UE & gNB/eNB logs. Follow up with remote engineering & Level 3 support teams for the issue resolution. Provide RCA to the customer.
- Building test plans & execution strategies for qualification of new products/features.
- Implementation & testing of new products & features in customer lab/field environments.
- Golden configuration finalization for different deployments.
- Work closely with Tier1/Tier2/Tier3 teams for performance related issues.
- To coordinate/guide/supervise with the field drive test teams for testing the RF environment during field trial & deployment phases.
- Perform parameter audits on regular basis.
- Evaluate the various testing & tool vendors, services sub vendors.
- Develop various guideline, process & MOP documents.
- Operate in compliance with the processes, methods and tools linked to the job.
- Competence building within the team/organisation.
- Technical support to customers, sub-contractors and other internal teams.
- Flexible working attitude and ability to work independently and take the initiative.
- To work closely with other members of the company to achieve the required goals.
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table as a RAN Performance Engineer:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Engineering
- 8 or more years’ experience in RF Planning, Optimization & Performance Management of 4G/5G Networks. 5G working experience is highly preferable.
- Understanding of
- 5G RAN technology & deployment models.
- wireless technologies like NR, LTE, LTE-A WCDMA, GSM, mMIMO.
- Small Cells, HetNet, Macro deployment scenario.
- 3GPP standards covering procedures, call flows, KPI, statistics etc.
- ORAN standards is an added advantage.
- Experience in
- Mobility layer management strategy & key features like Power control, scheduler, VoNR is desirable.
- Quality test tools e.g., XCAL/XCAP, QXDM, TEMS, NEMO, ACTIX, RF Base Station Analyser, Spectrum Analyser, RF Scanner e.g. JDSU, PCTEL, Anritsu, R&S etc.
- Customer management and work towards maximising customer satisfaction.
- Ability to
- Multi-task, work independently and coordinate resources to achieve desired goals.
- Work within a start-up company environment is very important. Innovation, teamwork, quality and productivity are essential to the success of our business.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.