We are looking for a Central Office Installer 4 to lead a team of Central Office Installers in and around the Hartford, CT; Boston, MA and Manchester, NH areas.
What you will be doing as a Central Office Installer 4:
- Executes the essential duties and responsibilities of an Installer III, plus
- Provides work instruction to Level I, II, and III Installers
- May serve as Site Crew Leader
- Performs additions, removals, and modifications on working equipment and circuits
- Addition or removal of batteries
- Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources
- Test and evaluate systems to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing system
- Terminate DC power, rectifiers, PDUs, BDFB/BDCBBs, inverters, converters, raycaps and associated infrastructure used in telecommunications networks
- Terminate cables using RJ45 connectors
- Read and interpret detailed specifications and drawings, blueprints, schematics, and method of procedures (MOPs)
- Run multiple cable types including coaxial, power, fiber, and network transmission
- Use a variety of specific connectors and terminating procedures
- Clean and scope fiber connectors
- Document light levels and other readings with job specific testing equipment (ex: OTDR)
- Install ironwork (ladder rack), cable paths, horizontal and vertical pathways for fiber optic cable management systems, and create a physical cable path for equipment and cable design
- Ensure all equipment is properly tagged/labeled
- Conduct an EOJ (end of job)- walk-through to ensure accurate installation and customer adherence
- Responsible for providing status updates, closing jobs/turning in completion packages
What you will bring to the table as a Central Office Installer 4:
- Experience working with Ciena (5430/6500), Juniper (MX480/960/2020), Cisco (NCS2000/4000/ ASR9010), Calix C7, GPON, Fujitsu Flashwave 9500, and Coriant hiT 7300 equipment
- Typically, a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Level III Installer
- Proficiency in the system (Network Elements 1, 2, 3, or 4) being worked on
- Successful completion of the Level IV Skill Level test
What you didn’t know about NextGen:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- 401k eligible after one year
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
NextGeners are Connectors.
We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
NextGeners are Collaborators.
You’ll be working with an award-winning company who gives you direct connections to hiring managers. Our services don’t stop at the standard recruiting process. We use our expertise to tailor your resume, help improve your interview skills, and provide ongoing career support.
NextGeners give 24/7 Support.
We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
NextGen is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed