Looking for BESS Electrical Engineer.
What you will be doing as a BESS Electrical Engineer:
- Continues to learn and remains current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Applies to assigned tasks as appropriate
- Begins to independently apply knowledge and complies with Black and Veatch quality program relative to assigned tasks
- Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work
- Prepares complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles
- Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements
- Recognizes, defines and resolves problems within assigned area
- May provide direction and guidance to others
- Assigns tasks to and coordinates with other internal/external team members on less complex projects
- Initiates contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work
- Client Focus:
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- Applies understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes
- People Management – (supervision, career development, training, mentoring):
- May assist with performance management process, mentoring, recognition, and any corrective actions required.
What you bring to the table as a BESS Electrical Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience per the below.
- Electrical engineer with experience in storage system technology, experience should include but is not limited to the following:
- BESS application engineering
- Creating online drawings
- Power cable sizing, cable schedules
- Electrical equipment sizing and selection
- Experience with specifying and procuring electrical equipment (listed below).
- Understand and be able to work within a schedule and manhours budget
- Familiar with applicable NEC and IEEE/ANSI standards
- Electrical equipment includes but is not limited to: MV and LV switchgear, pad mount transformer, Transformer -GSUT, panel boards, breakers, protective relays, inverter/PCS, battery, battery chargers, disconnect switches, surge arrestors, dead front disconnect switch, medium voltage cable, low voltage cable, control cable, fiber optic cable,
- Prepares complex engineering calculations such as: load flow, short circuit, and reactive capability analysis (ETAP or SKM), Arc flash analysis (ETAP or SKM), grounding analysis
- Actively coordinate with others on the team
- Communicate with upper management and provide status updates on engineering design activities
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.