NextGen Global Resources is the leading provider in supplying staffing solutions for some of the largest names in the Telecommunications & Information Technology industries. NextGen Global Resources is growing rapidly and looking for an exceptional, self-driven Accounting Manager to join our downtown Chicago team. The Accounting Manager will report to the VP of Finance and supervise, plan, and coordinate the activities of a variety of finance and accounting services that may include, but are not limited to, general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, auditing, treasury management, and financial reporting.
- NextGen Global Resources is a leading Telecommunications, Networking and Wireless Staffing company placing top talent in both contract and direct hire positions with Fortune 1000 companies.
- NextGen was founded in 2009 and has offices in San Diego, Chicago, Philadelphia and Nashville.
- In 2018, NextGen Global Resources grew by over 70%!
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting and payroll departments
- Review and report on financial information in an accurate and timely manner to the executive leadership team
- Manage a variety of fiscal and accounting functions pertaining to areas such as general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, auditing, treasury management, financial reporting, and expenditure variance analysis
- Assist in the processing of month and year end procedures
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and goals for assigned areas
- Manage and report on the status of cash accounts
- Develop, implement, and monitor internal controls
- Coordinate and complete annual audits
- Review financial obligations within various client and vendor agreements in order to give recommendations to account management teams
- 5+ years of experience as an Accounting Manager or similar role
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Experience in system implementation
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Competitive salary & Bonus opportunity
- Health & dental and vision benefits – 100% of employee premiums covered by NextGen!
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation/Paid Time Off + Sick Time
- 8 Paid Holidays
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Company cell phone & laptop
- Employee Discount Programs
- Reward & Recognition Incentives: Exotic Trips, anniversary gifts, happy hours, team building events, dinners, etc.