Looking for a Network Engineer
What you will be doing as a Network Engineer
- The Network Engineer, Broadband role will work closely with the Broadband Network Operations colleagues, and other departments.
- Potential candidates should reflect a basic understanding of IP technologies, Layer 2 and Layer 3 transport PON and CMTS technologies.
- Completes service order tasks for customer service delivery.
- Works closely with the NOCC to maintain network functionality, provides tier 2-3 support.
- Communicates with the acting Broadband Operations Department Manager concerning projects on a weekly and potentially daily basis depending on project sensitivity.
- Trains and shares information with other departments to ensure cross functional transfer of knowledge company wide.
- Works closely with both Commercial Sales and customers to organize deadlines, schedule potential timelines, and gather engineering critical information.
- Works closely with Outside Plant (OSP) resources to determine best path between customer location and C Spire network and does so in a timely fashion.
- Acts as a liaison between Commercial Sales and Broadband Network Operations in an effort to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded.
- Serve on an on-call rotation.
What you will bring to the table as a Network Engineer
- At least 2-5 years of professional experience in the telecommunications and/or data industry required.
- Experience with IP connectivity required.
- Working knowledge of MPLS architecture is a plus.
- Prior history working directly with customers and/or sales is preferred.
- Network and/or CCNA level certification desired.
- Broad experience with vendor equipment and products is preferred, including but not limited to: Adva, Arista, Nokia, Cisco Systems, Adtran, Juniper, Nortel, Fujitsu, and Occam-Calix.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.