Looking for 4G/5G PHY/MAC SME | 4G/5G Call Processing RAN SME in Plano, TX.
What you will be doing as a SME:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions on 4G/5G RAN technology.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team for all 4G/5G RAN scheduler related features.
- Responsible for leading all technical discussions on products/scheduler related features with several customer vertical organization including 4G/5G RAN Development groups and RAN performance groups.
- Author technical proposals, Technical research and white papers, design documents, Operator network design, RFI/RFP, and Patent filings.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases and third-party product evaluation to build product synergies.
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the sales team and carriers’ network business
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross-functional teams from SEA and HQ to achieve successful new product rollouts and developments.
- Accountable for leading field integration testing efforts (FFA/FIT/FSA) of all 4G/5G key features with customers, including test plan development, reviewing test plan with customers, driving cross-functional teams to execution, review of test results, issue identification, analysis and quality proofing until software acceptance is achieved.
- Responsible for Tier3 support as required, analyzing and troubleshooting scheduler related issues reported from customer labs, field sites and production network.
- Review and provide recommendations to improve LTE RAN network performance by evaluating and trending key KPIs, performing trials and providing optimization guidelines.
- Subject Matter Expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of customer organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
What you will bring to the table as a SME:
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 8+ years of experience is preferred
- Must have in depth knowledge of PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP with thorough understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc.
- Subject matter expertise in digital communications, spread spectrum and multi-carrier waveforms, MIMO signal processing, interference mitigation and cancellation, Turbo and iterative signal refinements, multi-path robust reception, acquisition and tracking of spread spectrum signals, and random-access principles. Must have good understanding on MATLAB simulations.
- Strong understand of channel coding techniques such as Turbo/LDPC/Polar as applied to WCDMA/HSPA and/or LTE/LTE-Advanced/5G-NR required.
- Strong Programming skills in C desired, experience with memory optimizations, multi-Core programming, assembly language debugging preferred.
- Experienced and fluent with 3GPP RAN product architecture, design, implementation and performance improvements (KPIs). Good understanding of scheduler functionality is beneficial.
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP specification for LTE/LTE-A/5G features and Protocols, ORAN specifications and experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Working knowledge of various RF antenna technologies & network optimizations.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Long-Term growth potential
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with a game changing client and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.