Staff Transport Engineer
To Apply for this Job Click Here
Looking for a Staff Transport Engineer
What you will be doing as a Staff Transport Engineer
- Provide technical troubleshooting expertise in resolving the incidents escalated to your organization
- Be the subject matter expert on IP Transport domain.
- Handle Outages/Service degradations, perform initial RCA and coordinate with vendors, Engineering teams to compose final RCA.
- Lead troubleshooting bridges with internal & vendor teams as needed.
- Engage and escalate issues with Transport Tier III / Engineering team when critical, time sensitive support and resolution is needed.
- Work with technical teams to document troubleshooting steps and methods to improve processes.
- Engage and escalate issues with vendors when critical/time sensitive support and resolution is needed.
- Develop key metrics for performance monitoring and service assurance.
- Troubleshoot with transport fiber providers and coordinate the quickest path to network restoration.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of network technologies and would understand how data moves between Cloud, PaaS Solutions, and Legacy TDM/IP environments.
- Analyze issues before Merchandise Authorization (RMA) and sign off on hardware replacements and upgrades per best practices.
What you will bring to the table as a Staff Transport Engineer
- BS Engineering or technical degree or an equivalent combination of highly related experience and education.
- 8 to 10+ years of experience working in the Transport domain supporting a major operator/vendor.
- Subject matter expertise with with routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP & OSPF), VRFs, VLANs, VRRP, LACP, MLAG, TACACS / Rancid / GIT, IPSec VPN, DNS / DHCP, NAT / SNAT, IP Multicast, VPC, Transit Gateway, NAT Gateway, ALB/ELB, Security Groups, ACL, HSRP, VRRP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Exposure ServiceNow (SNOW) incident management system.
- CCNA and/or CCNP certification would be an advantage
- Professional experience working with Cisco and network service providers such as Lumen, Zayo, Everstream, etc.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
To Apply for this Job Click Here