Utility Relations Specialist
Looking for a Utility Relations Specialist
Salary range: $35.71/hour
What you will be doing as a Utility Relations Specialist
- Prepares and effectively send applications through established regulatory and/or contractual processes to secure attachment licenses needed for installation of company facilities on or in regulated utility infrastructure within established regulated timeframes.
- Work with design team to facilitate drawings and construction documents related to nodes, power and outside fiber plant construction
- Addresses tactical challenges to successful, timely and cost-effective acquisition of licenses or service connections, including resolution of violations, NOC tickets, etc.
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external
- Develops and maintains rich relationships with utilities
- Serves as an inter-departmental liaison to ensure compliance with utility agreement requirements during the all stages of site selection, network construction and deployment as well as ongoing operations and/or site modifications.
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding conditions of attachment to or in regulated utility infrastructure
- Interact with internal and external customers and vendors to ensure proper communication on and coordination of various project-related initiatives
- Ability to comprehend and serve as a subject matter expert on matters related to state & federal telecommunications regulations, including Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Order 18-111.
- Participate in District and Region pre-project planning meetings
- Pole audit data reconciliation
What you will bring to the table as a Utility Relations Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least two (2) years proven experience working in a fiber company, telephone or power utility working on joint use matters, engineering, and/or rights-of-way.
- Wireless Industry experience preferred or equivalent in a comparable industry or relevant military experience.
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate environment and working within a corporate group context
- Knowledge of NESC, GO 95, NEC and FCC/state pole and conduit attachment regulations preferred.
- Experience working with design teams, facilitation of permit drawings and construction documents related to outside plant construction is preferred.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.