RF Field Engineer
Looking for a RF Field Engineer
What you will be doing as a RF Field Engineer
- Perform pre- and post-contract site surveys and benchmark data collection
- Act as a liaison between the design engineering and deployment teams to ensure networks are accurately built
- Perform CW testing, spectrum analysis, segment and system sweep testing as well as PIM and OTDR testing as required
- Lead routine public safety DAS commissioning and troubleshooting along with remote monitoring
- Oversee AHJ inspections and 3rd party testing as necessary
- Background and skillset for wiring DC power plants and low voltage circuits
- Perform DAS maintenance to include fault analysis, interference mitigation, and link balancing
- Provide remote and onsite support for trouble tickets in order to meet client SLAs
- Validate installation of DAS head-end, remote equipment, RF source, etc.
- Close-out documentation and report creation
- Use of small hand tools to perform minor installation tasks
- Travel will be required to customer sites
What you will bring to the table as a RF Field Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Three or more years of hands-on field work experience in public safety or cellular DAS networks
- Basic understanding of networking and LAN configuration
- Experience in cellular or public safety networks (preferred both)
- Experience and understanding of RF propagation fundamentals and antenna theory
- OEM experience with JMA, ADRF, CommScope, Comba, Fiplex, Nextivity, and SOLiD
- Experience with commissioning, optimizing, and troubleshooting DAS networks
- Experience using iBwave design software, spectrum analyzer, RF scanner, CW signal generator UE data collection, and post-processing software
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.