RF Engineer II
Looking for a RF Field Engineer
What you will be doing as a RF Field Engineer
- Performing RF design activities related to building the first standalone 5G broadband network in the US
- Utilizing a functional understanding of 4G/5G and NR theory and link budgets applied to RF design
- Utilizing a working knowledge of Planet, including model tuning and assignment
- Utilizing an understanding of equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and experience performing inter-modulation and other external interference analysis
- Performing site acquisition support, including RFDS creation, SCIP review and approval, site walks, CD review and approval, and ad hoc jurisdictional document creation
- Providing third-party vendor support through site construction, including making real-time changes (as approved) to designs as needed for equipment availability and tower or rooftop required changes
- Performing single site verification, and integration testing and validation
- Completing all regulatory requirements, including MPE analysis and e911 testing
- Performing and overseeing cluster optimization and benchmark drive testing
- Providing support to set up, calibrate, utilize and data processes various 4G/5G optimization equipment and software, such tools may include Windcatcher/Actix/Accuver
- Ensuring network performance through site outage identification and resolution, as well as proactive network optimization through KPI analysis and drive test data analysis
- Working with RF team to establish design criteria, link budget and traffic analysis as needed for network design and update existing performance parameters for ongoing improvements as required.
What you will bring to the table as a RF Field Engineer
- Must have a minimum of 2-years of working experience in 4G/5G RF optimization/planning projects.
- Knowledge of post processing drive test logs, preparing datasets and reports for analysis using TEMs, Windcather, XCAP.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.