Equipment Engineer III – DXC Planner
DXC Planner is responsible to define, engineer, and resolve network capacity requirements for carrier’s DXC domestic network utilizing various DXC products to meet network services capacity, diversity, and growth requirements.
Perform equipment engineering for network expansions and new installations. This includes creating projects, obtaining funding, developing the specifications required for installation, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, creating applicable diagrams/ drawings, and ensuring vendor delivery.
What you will be doing as an Equipment Engineer III – DXC Planner:
- You will be responsible for providing diversity analysis in support of carrier’s switch network
- Create diversification projects based on user group requirements
- Monitor and optimize DXC platforms
- Research and deactivate unused network systems
- Research and identify DXC systems in need of overbuild due to leases, network growth, historical requests for network diversity
- New build equipment includes compiling detailed equipment costs, engineering, and operations labor costs, as well as coordinating with COE for space and power
- Coordinate with capital planning, engineering, project management, operations, and internal management to provide recurring reports to detail project progress and identify areas where attention is needed to progress projects
What you will bring to the table as an Equipment Engineer III – DXC Planner:
- Strong technical knowledge
- BS or minimal 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry
- Experience with engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with Local and Long Distance DXC networks
- Excellent knowledge of PC and software application including Windows and MS Office
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.