Looking for Support Engineer 4 – 4G/5G Tier2 Network Support Engineer in Plano, TX.
What you will be doing as a 4G/5G Tier2 Network Support Engineer:
- Provide in-depth technical log analysis, check network configuration, and support customer as needed
- Proactively perform data audit, SW/FW audit, and health check of the OSS if needed
- Collect logs and perform log analysis for discussions with Tier3 and HQ on various issues
- Strong on customer support as well as data analysis of logs and pcaps etc.
Work in Client’s System Integration lab, customer labs, and commercial networks for reproducing, troubleshooting, and investigating poor performance related issues
- Must be able to drive for resolutions with other Engineering team on an open ticket
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed for commercial Network outages and network performance issues. Also provide technical reviews and provide support to customers as needed
- Develop Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on outages or market performance issues (e.g., throughput, accessibility, sustainability, handovers (Intra/X2/S1), capacity and coverage)
- Review various Engineering MOPs and identify missing steps or issues if any
- Resolve high severity issues (sev1 & sev2) to meet the agreed SLA requirements – 2nd level incident analysis
What you will bring to the table as a 4G/5G Tier2 Network Support Engineer:
- BS EE or CS required (preferred MS EE or CS) – with at least 3 years of telecom work experience
- Good analytical skills, programming skills to aide with the report’s generation and analysis and knowledge of wireless network architecture concepts especially in RAN domain
- Good knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating systems
- At least 2 year of work experience with data analytics tools
- At least 2 year of work experience with Shell/Expect/Perl/Python programming
- At least 1 year of work experience with MySQL/MongoDB administration
- Be able to analyze large and multipart data sets at fast pace with advanced data modeling tools in MS Excel
- Be able to develop programs/tools to automate tasks and aid with the investigation as needed
- Previous experience working with 4G / 5G wireless Network Systems in an SME role
- Experience with data modelling/visualization software for data analysis is a plus
- Experience with advanced database concepts or database administration is a plus.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.