Looking for Data Center Technician in Sacramento, CA.
What you will be doing as a Data Center Technician:
- Mechanical responsibilities will include chilled water systems and components, HVAC systems such as roof top units, CRAC/CRAH units, and humidification systems.
- Electrical responsibilities will include electrical/critical power distribution from the Utility/Generator main switchgear through the UPS systems out to the customer load.
- Fire Life Safety responsibilities will include wet sprinkler systems and pre-action sprinkler systems as well as their associated detection devices.
- Tests performance of electromechanical assemblies and electronic voltmeters.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical order to determine methods and sequences of processes.
- Installs electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using hand tools, Aligns, fits or assembles component parts, using hand or power tools.
- Operates, monitors, maintains, and responds to abnormal conditions in facilities systems. Areas include Mechanical, Electrical, Fire Life Safety, and Building Monitoring and Control
- Works with contractors and consultants to review quality assurance for all system expansions, corrections, and upgrades
- Works with the CF Ops Lead Technician to track and complete an aggressive preventive and predictive maintenance program
- Ensures data center operates at maximum operational efficiency, including analyzing existing operating conditions, recommending new technologies and improving overall efficiency, and cost reduction.
What you will bring to the table as a Data Center Technician:
- Possess an understanding of the mechanical, electrical, and fire life safety systems used in a data center environment including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, Transformers, PLC’s, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, STS’, ATS’ PDU’s, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAH’s, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, NFPA 25, and compliance issues as well as building codes regarding fire life safety
- Current knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e., lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations)
- Familiarity with data trending / tracking and analysis and the ability to utilize a PC based integrated critical monitoring systems
- Ability to process Hands and Eye requests as required i.e., Tape Rotation, Rack and Stack of equipment, inventory hardware, power cycle devices, patch cable install/removal
- Demonstrated hands-on experience installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting large commercial and industrial systems including: Chilled Water Systems, Large Centrifugal Chillers, Cooling Towers, Heat Exchangers, Water Treatment Systems, VFD’s and Pumps, HVAC equipment, CRAC/CRAH’s, Humidification Systems, Water heaters, Water/Air filters, BMS and PLC Controls, Emergency Standby Diesel Generator Systems, Fuel/Oil systems, 480/277 and 208/120 electrical generation and distribution, Static UPS Systems, Double Interlock Pre-Action Systems
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.