Looking for Backhaul Engineer
What you will be doing as a Backhaul Engineer
- Backhaul Engineer is responsible for performing moderately complex activities supporting the design, development, and optimization of a backhaul network.
- Support the knowledge transfer of commissioning and Integration to other engineers.
- Single point-of-contact for integration, commissioning, and acceptance issues.
- Supporting the field teams with troubleshooting of connectivity or configuration issues.
- Creation of Customer Information Questionnaire (CIQ) for cell site router or other backhaul product configuration requirements.
- Creation of Site Configuration Files (SCF) for cell site router or other backhaul product commissioning.
- Planning and performing backhaul equipment/system decommissioning and reconfiguration as cell sites are removed from the network.
- Operating remote OSS or EMS systems for backhaul equipment configurations or reconfigurations.
- Remotely loading of SCFs or supporting third party field teams with the loading of SCFs onto backhaul equipment as needed.
- Entering new site configuration parameters into various network databases and administration tools.
What you bring to the table as a Backhaul Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in telecom network infrastructures.
- 3 Plus years in providing implementation and technical support to Dark Fiber and Lit-Fiber backhaul/transport solutions.
- Cisco router experience with detailed understanding of MPLS, ISIS & BGP network protocols & ability to troubleshoot fiber backhaul for these protocols.
- Strong working knowledge regaridng RF wireless technologies and products.
- An understanding of multiple backhauls network topologies and Optical / Microwave Transmission infrastructure Proficient with Internet Protocol (IP) networking
- Experience integrating and troubleshoot all components of Wireless and Fixed network
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Windows products, and databases.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks with minimal direct supervision.
- CCNA certification is a plus.
What you didn’t know about us:
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Short/Long Term Disability and Critical Care/Illness Protection
- Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- With this position, you will get the opportunity to work with our game changing clients and further advance your already valuable experience in the telecom industry!
We are Connectors. We thrive on ‘quality over quantity’ and put in the work building strong relationships. We create connections, discover qualities, uncover skills, and place people with accuracy. We are your true partner!
We are Collaborators. You’ll be working with a wholly owned subsidiary of Kelly and part of the Kelly Telecom division. It allows us to be as nimble and fiercely competitive as a startup while having the backing of a multibillion dollar publicly traded company which has been in business for 75 years. With direct access to hiring managers, services don’t stop at standard recruiting processes. We use our expertise to improve your application skills and provide ongoing career support.
We give 24/7 Support. We are in this together. We provide around the clock availability, competitive employee benefits, and continuously check-in to make sure things are going smoothly. Check out our Glassdoor page!
Kelly Telecom is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information click Equal Employment Opportunity is the law.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.